Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Magma Beast



Christmas break has been for the most part, completely unproductive, but I was at least able to finish this before school starts back up. Just a little something to take my mind off of how cold it has been. Enjoy!



This is the coloring process that I generally use to finish up my work. I do not always use this method but I find that it helps me speed up my progress much more towards the end.

Step 1. Go from a black and white image and use the color correction in photoshop to get the overall hues I want.

Step 2. Use various gradients with and overlay filter to color in specific points.

Step 3. I paint in color the rest of the way. In this phase I add any extra details and highlights and finish up the piece.


-Kevin-

3 comments:

  1. WOW. You sir, are amazing. The lighting and glow especially on this are epic. Very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I've been learning quite a few tricks this past semester, many of which came from your work, so thank you very much. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

    ReplyDelete